For the full history, see the historical overview of iText.
Changelog (April 13, 2010)
- Changes made by Paulo Soares
- EncryptionRevision 3 and 4 only requires the first key length bytes to be hashed 50 times (fix of a problem reported by the people of pdfforge).
- Fixed height didn't work correctly in PdfPCell.
- CFFFontSubset: avoiding a NullPointerException
- XfaForm: skipping white space
- BaseFont: Not all the xobjects have resources and that was causing a NullPointerException.
- Java 5 code simplifications in PdfCopy and PdfContentByte
- PdfPTable: New method to reset the number of columns.
- Added support for QR barcode. The code is based in ZXing (Apache license).
- PdfPTable: Fix for row span above bug (timmo3). See itextsharp bug #2979944.
- HTML Markup: Support for absolute-size (CSS).
- AcroFields: introduction of the class FieldPosition to make the code more readable.
- Changes made by Kevin Day
- CMapAwareDocumentFont: Tweaks to make processing quasi-invalid PDF files more robust
- PdfContentReaderTool: null pointer handling, plus a few well placed flush calls
- PdfContentReaderTool: Show details on resource entries
- PdfContentStreamProcessor: Adjustment so embedded images don't cause parsing problems and improvements to EI detection
- LocationTextExtractionStrategy: Fixed anti-parallel algorithm, plus accounting for negative inter-character offsets. Change to text extraction strategy that builds out the text model first, then computes concatenation requirements.
- Adjustments to linesegment implementation; optimalization of changes made by Bruno to text extraction; for example: introduction of the class MarkedContentInfo.
- Major refactoring of interface to text extraction functionality: for instance introduction of class PdfReaderContentParser
- Changes made by Mark Storer
- PdfImage: Provide a "nice" resource name when a null image name is passed to us.
- Changes made by Bruno
- Image: avoiding possible null pointer exception
- AcroFields: Making deprecated public variables protected
- PdfGState: new method setRenderingIntent()
- PdfGraphics2D: performance improvement, contributed by Peter Harvey.
- PdfContentReaderTool: avoiding possible NullPointerException
- PdfName: added new name OC related constants for Not, Or, FG, Ind, and so on.
- New class PdfVisibilityExpression: Support for visibility expressions in OC membership dictionaries.
- Optional content usage: support for PageElement and User
- New class TaggedPdfReaderTool: tool that is able to convert a Tagged PDF into an XML file.
- New class TextMarginFinder: strategy to find the boundaries of text
- Introduced MarkedContent info in the TextRenderInfo
- Introduced a PdfImageObject for the ImageRenderInfo
- Replacing getStartPoint and getEndPoint with getLineSegment.
- PdfDictionary: new method clear()
- PdfCollection: Collections can also have a custom view.
- PdfAnnotation: suggestion by Eric de Beus to add a method to create Polygon/Polyline annotations. As the two methods suggested by Eric were identical except for one line, I merged them into one method.
- BaseFont: TrueTypeFont.WindowsMetrics.usWeightClass and usWidthClass and made both accessible via TrueTypeFont.getFontDescriptor() (posted to the mailing list by Thimo Seitz 14/07/2009 14:12)
- Tabs and justified alignment don't mix. Not really a bug fix, but at least the line doesn't jump out of the text column anymore.
- FDF files are now generated as version 1.4 (instead of 1.2)
For those who want to hear more about digital signatures: meet us at the PDF Technical Conference 2013 in Königwinter.published on 2013-04-30
iText 5.4.1 has been released. This release brings new functionality and fixes based on feedback of our customers.published on 2013-04-12
Many people ask me: is EchoSign a competitor of iText with respect to digital signatures? I always answer: no, EchoSign is an iText user and promotes digital signing using iText.published on 2013-03-27
Content © 2010-2013 1T3XT BVBA