For the full history, see the historical overview of iText.
Changelog (September 9, 2007)
- Changes made by Paulo
- Added stamping capabilities for PdfCopy (contributed by Ryo Nakamura; optimized + support for adding annotations by Paulo)
- Added support for PDF/A-1
- Added support for icc profiles in jpeg
- Added support for strikethru in HTMLWorker
- Added support for the rgb() color notation in WebColors
- Outlines can be set all at once in PdfWriter. Note that outlines set by other means, like Chapter, will be overridden.
- PdfFileSpecification: file parameters and mime type can be set
- Better password restriction control
- XML parsing: whitespace is significant and must be processed.
- Field flattening could cause a class cast exception with broken PDFs.
- Tiff: broken tiffs with an invalid IFD pointer returned one less the real number of images
- Tiff: TIFFTAG_JPEGIFOFFSET can be optional
- PdfDate: dates in W3C format in the metadata were different than the PDF dates in the Info dictionary
- Bugfix concerning the retrieval of the user password when owner password is known
- Memory optimizations in class Phrase
- RandomAccessFileOrArray: it's very expensive to open a memory mapped file and for the usage pattern of this class in iText it's faster the next re-openings to be done as a plain random access file
- Preserve hyperlinks in PdfImportedPage (Michael Schierl)
- Optimization of the DPI rounding in BMP, PNG and TIFF images
- Removed some superfluous synchronized method modifiers.
- Several improvements in memory fragmentation and thread locking in processing font data; some of the improvements were suggested on the mailing list and implemented by Paulo; one suggestion was sent to Bruno by Actuate.
- PdfGraphics2D: jpeg compression is done with imageio (instead of with com.sun.image.codec.jpg.JPEGCodec)
- PdfGraphics2D: partial acceptance of some extra functionality in drawString contributed by John Hellerud
- PdfGraphics2D: enable bold simulation as proposed by John Hellerud, but with with extra check of the BaseFont
- PdfPageLabels: added a series of null checks
- PdfReader: fix to ascii85 decode (fixed by Aiken Sam)
- PdfReader: page dimensions were assumed as direct objects
- PdfSmartCopy was too liberal in comparing streams. Form XObjects (templates) are not candidates for comparison anymore.
- FdfReader: extra check for the FDF key
- PdfPageLabels: better page label options
- Utilities: simplification in toURL()
- RTF: bugfix for hanging indent (fixed by Tim Newsom)
- RTF: added support for images in shapes of the picture frame type (contributed by Tim Newsom)
- Changes made by Bruno
- Fixed a series of indentation bugs reported by Janis Achenbach (fix by Bruno in more than one try; tested by Janis).
- Fixed a page size/page margins problem in PdfDocument
- A Copy/Paste error made that DUPLEXFLIPLONGEDGE was not seen as a possible value for DUPLEX.
- FontFactoryImp: parsing the size of a font was not done correctly (fix by Janis Achenbach)
- Bugfix: font propagation affected Phrases/Paragraphs that were reused.
- Bugfix: extra space after a Paragraph affected the indentation.
- Bugfix: Paragraph.setKeepTogether(true) affected the indentation and doubled the spacing after a Paragraph.
- Update of the toString() methods in PdfDictionary and PdfStream; for instance: it no longer says 'Dictionary of type: null' for Dictionaries without a /TYPE key.
- XMP: the 'Subject' of PDF metadata is now also added as a Description in the XMP metadata (Suggested by Seung Hyun Park)
- XMP: added support for adding XMP metadata to the page dictionary of each page
- BaseField: if you are using a template as icon, the state of the content of the template can be affected by the background color of the button (probably also by other properties of the button appearance).
- PdfPageLabels: minor memory improvement
- Made iText more tolerant towards the type of PDF object that is accepted as value for the /TYPE key.
- Bugfix: table threw an IndexOutOfBoundsException in two specific cases that almost never occur
- Bugfix: List.add(Object o) didn't always return the expected value (suggested by Dhruba Bandopadhyay)
- Bugfix: if an image is new and it's a WMF image, the template has to be read, even if it's not null.
- BuildTutorial: made the switch from CVS to SVN (suggested by Thomas Tampe)
- Updated license information in the iText.jar; extra info about the files in iTextAsian.jar
- Changes made by Xavier
- Removal of unused imports
- Removal of useless redefinition of open() in PdfCopy and RtfWriter
- Update from BouncyCastle 1.35 to BouncyCastle 1.37
For those who want to hear more about digital signatures: meet us at the PDF Technical Conference 2013 in Königwinter.published on 2013-04-30
iText 5.4.1 has been released. This release brings new functionality and fixes based on feedback of our customers.published on 2013-04-12
Many people ask me: is EchoSign a competitor of iText with respect to digital signatures? I always answer: no, EchoSign is an iText user and promotes digital signing using iText.published on 2013-03-27
Content © 2010-2013 1T3XT BVBA