For the full history, see the historical overview of iText.
Changelog (June 4, 2007)
- Changes made by Xavier
- We have moved from CVS to SVN! Xavier is also starting a JDK 1.3 and a 1.5 branch for iText.
- BarcodePDF417: use StringBuffer instead of concatenating strings. side effect: code now compiles with jdk13.
- Dynamic generation of the MANIFEST.MF file (change in the ANT script)
- Several code clean up operations
- Changes made by Paulo
- TIFF: broken tiffs may not have the next IFD pointer
- HTMLWorker: added ImageProvider to be able to select arbitrary images based on the "src" property
- PdfPKCS7: the X509 parsing code for the sub-filter adbe.x509.rsa_sha1 was taking the certificates from the wrong place.
- added the option to not use memory mapped files
- named destinations are treated as binary allowing the eventual localization
- RtfParagraph: changed a member from private to protected to be able to compile RtfListItem
- Several javadoc corrections
- Changes made by Mark
- Modified the filterSpecialChar method to write directly to the OutputStream (Thomas Bickel).
- RtfDocument: just use getBytes for String to byte translation.
- RtfNewPage: made NEW_PAGE constant public
- Added support for different bullet characters and for spacing before/after list items. The idea for the solution was suggested by Felix Satyaputra.
- Changes made by Bruno
- The organization of the files (lib directory) has been changed; the jars needed to compile iText and the tutorial examples are now in SVN.
- Changes to the ANT scripts due to the move from CVS to SVN.
- Clean up of the ANT scripts
- New documentation: how to get the code from SVN, how to create an Eclipse project, how to use the ANT scripts
For those who want to hear more about digital signatures: meet us at the PDF Technical Conference 2013 in Königwinter.published on 2013-04-30
iText 5.4.1 has been released. This release brings new functionality and fixes based on feedback of our customers.published on 2013-04-12
Many people ask me: is EchoSign a competitor of iText with respect to digital signatures? I always answer: no, EchoSign is an iText user and promotes digital signing using iText.published on 2013-03-27
Content © 2010-2013 1T3XT BVBA